I originally thought about getting the 300i but now am looking at the 325a as it is the military variant of the 300i.  I am thinking the extra firepower would be good for bounty hunting.

Thoughts?

Well I got me new video card installed now and I can get into my hanger and not have a black screen!  WOOT!!  I got my 325A and the Ghost.  Both look awesome!  Would be cool if we could all intermingle together there.  I know...it's coming.  Still looks sweet!

Both are good choices. The 325A has good firepower in that series, so good in battle. The ghost is a ship to avoid battle. The 300-series can hold cargo and is therefore a good hunter gatherer and will probably also be used for boarding other ships because the cargospace might hold soldiers.

For now the Starfarer has the biggest cargo but isn't a gunship, but the freelancer is a good balance between guns and cargo. A good starter ship, money wise is the aurora.

i found the page for the ships specs.... and indeed the misc freelancer is a ship that has really good potential as a trader and defender. i think i gone have to save up for that ship. I dont wanne be blown out of space on my first tradinging mission..... by a stupid NPC or anyone else

Here I am flying my Origin 325A around Daymar.  Took a brief round trip flight from Port Olisar to get used to flying again.  Did a manual landing at an emergency shelter area on Daymar, exited and walked around the facility and took off again to land back at Port Olisar.  Good stuff.

Origin 325A.jpg