Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jester

Making money in Elite

3 posts in this topic

My new favorite way to make quick money is salvage missions.  I think that these are now better at making the quick cash you need rather than bounty hunting.  Bounty hunting is a good income too, but I think the new salvage missions are now topping that.  You can get a bunch of salvage missions in the same system, many times they are offered at 300,000 - 500,000 a mission.  You can easily make a couple million in one run to a system.  The risk is pretty low...few pirates here and there (bonus money!) but mainly you go to the nav beacon, scan it to update your missions (this will tell you which planet to go to), orbit said planet until the mission updates, go to the mission signal and scoop/limpet drone in the cargo, warp out to next mission planet.  When you have them all, go back to your initial station and cash in!  Voila!! 

That is indeed the way I made money too. If you are lucky, the missions are on the same planet. There used to be a bug though. The mission was still good for say about 2 hours but for some reason it disappeared after far less. That meant I had some stuff in my cargo, but no problem here, I could just turn the cargo in by accepting other similar missions.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0