This training movie shows basic training for the Yak-1.
The Yak-1 is one of the primarly Russian fighter planes modelled in IL2:BoS. Getting to know this high performance fighter is a must for any pilot wishing to take the fight to the enemy fighters and bombers. This training movie provides an excellent grounding in the aircraft and its performance.
IL2:BoS training movies by Requiem. Subscibe for more...
Download a Yak-1 Pilot's Manual
However, it is an incomplete translation from Spainish!!!!!! The final paragraphs are:
V. TERMINATION OF FLIGHT
Preparations for landing
96. Put safetys to the triggers (buttons) on and off switch weapons armament in the electrical panel.
97. Check the pressure in the pneumatic system: should be between 40 - 50 kg / cm2.
98. Place the propeller in fine pitch.
99. Lower undercarriage in horizontal flight and at a speed of 250 - 260 km / h; for this:
a) set the control of the undercarriage valve position to "Fold" keeping it there for 2 - 3 seconds (to create back pressure in the cylinders of the raising system);
b ) placing the undercarriage command valve position "Deployed"
c) verify the proper deployment of the undercarriage by watching the lighting of the green lights and the position of the mechanical indicators in wings.
100. If the undercarriage is not deployed normally, it should deployed using mode emergency; for this:
a) placing the normal deployment undercarriage valve in neutral or position "Deployed";
b ) pulling the emergency deployment lever;
c) when the legs fall open outwardly, open the emergency air tank valve so the legs are anchored in the closures;
d) verify the proper deployment of the undercarriage by lights and mechanical indicators.
101. Close the water radiator and do not allow its temperature to fall:
- for the motor M-105P below 40 ° C;
- for the motor M-105PF below 60 ° C.
102. During the downwind and at a speed of 210 - 220 km/hr deploy the flaps, placing the command valve thereof in position "Unfolding" (pushing forward).
103. If the vacuum system fails, the flaps can be lowered using air emergency reservoir; for this:
a) Close the valve on the air tank and onboard of the pneumatic system;
b ) positioning the flaps control valve in position "Deployed" (pushing forward);
c) open the emergency tank valve.
104. Remove pressure on the lever of the aircraft atitude with the trimmer.
105. Reach glide speed of 200 km/hr by the indicator.
106. If you land at night at an unlit aerodrome, turn on the landing light at about 70 - 100m altitude.
107. Calculating precise landing, using the motor (at an altitude of not less than 25m). Check out the second circuit
108. If there is need for the second circuit, you have to open the throttle, smoothly to full power.
If given to the gas lever with the lowered flaps, necessary to offset the tendency the plane into chopped; for it to use the lever of the plane and altitude rudder trimmer.
When a speed range of 220 - 230 km/hr, is due to start earning altitude.
109. The flaps must retract at a minimum altitude of 100m and a speed minimum of 250 km/hr; This is because after folding the flaps the plane loses some 30 - 50m height.
110. To reduce the loss of altitude when folding the flaps, you can put the valve of flaps middle position (neutral) instead of "Fold" position. under the action front airflow flap is gently folded and loss altitude will not be as sharp.
111. When landing with flaps lowered, the at ineamiento aircraft must start being a 5 - 6m high. It should land on the three points.
112. During the roll out, the brakes should be used gently; disallow sudden braking to prevent the tail lift tickets.
113. The tendency to vary aircraft taxiing direction during braking must be compensated by pedals.
114. After finishing the rolll out, unlock the tail wheel; for this, pushing the corresponding lever forward.
115. Fold the flaps, putting the valve lever in position "Fold".
116. Observe the runway, and then begin taxiing towards the parking.
Stopping the engine
117. Open the radiator caps.
118. Leave propeller VISH-61P putting on fine pitch; propeller VISH-105 should make coarse pitch. To this end, if the propeller VISH-105:
a) leave the control (rotary or lever) the propeller pitch control fully back;
b ) using the throttle to set an engine speed up to 1500 - 1700 rpm and keep them for 10 - 15 seconds.
119. Cool the engine idle gas (450 - 500 rpm) for 2 - three minutes until the water temperature drops below 90°C.
120. Increase engine speed to 700 - 800 rpm, by gently moving the throttle to a third of its way to front.
121. Turn off the battery.
122. Turn off switches "Radio" and heating of Pitot tube.
After the flight
123. Report technical state on engine performance, aircraft,
of weapons and special equipment.
124. Shedding light on the aircraft mechanic repairing defects
detected in flying.
Interestingly, the translation is quaintly stilted. I have had to improve the google translation above.
Note: Half Barrel is a description like a Split-S and the Barrel Roll sounds more like a Flick Roll.
Edited by Tow Air Marshal