World of Warships

Jester

Dec 21, 2005
Another up and coming naval game.  Graphics look good....we will see how gameplay goes.

y7hbk2Z.jpg

Ls189fy.jpg

Tbar

ToW Club President
Dec 20, 2005
nope, they won't.....i need to talk with some of my mates in alpha and see how it is there
Please do.. we need reports !!

Also.. if you see me on TS.. give me a shout concerning "Sea Games".. I would like to ask you a few questions.

Tow Air Marshal

Feb 27, 2006
We are always keen for screen shots and any early information....  This community has origins in sea action games and have been waiting for the next generation for a long time....

Captain Data

TOW Space Marshal
Sep 30, 2012
I haven't been playing WoW, but I have seen a bunch of video's about the game. The game looks nice and the gameplay is a nice change of pace. But yeah, it's still wargaming, and they are a company that have absolutely no idea how to keep their customers satisfied. Not long ago a player created a mod which allows players to know exactly where to aim at so their shells hit the ship they were shooting at (as long as it kept it's course).

Errr, HELLO!! Isn't that one of the most important skills you need to learn about the game? And wargaming even promoted the use of that mod. Why not give players a kill all button.

So they are doing it wrong all over again. I can only imagine what will happen when bots are all over the place. As long as they pay, there will be no ban of course.

I am "kinda" happy about the teamdamage mechanics. First teamdamage will give you a warning, second will penalty you with the damage you have done the teamplayer and then the ban.

If we have a group that will play I will get an account as well, only for the purpose of making video's about it.

Jester

Dec 21, 2005
So, I've watched a few videos on World of Warships but I'm not an alpha/beta tester.  My question is for those that are.  From what I've seen, this simply seems to be a naval game where it is all match-based.  Essentially, you have a ship and you go out and battle other players around some fake island formations, etc.  Is this true?  Is there nothing more to the game?

Captain Data

TOW Space Marshal
Sep 30, 2012
Yup, that's it for now. It's battleships, cruisers, destroyers and carriers. Firing main guns, secondary batteries, torpedo's and AA. Not all ships have all the weapons and not all weapons are as efficient as you might think. So it's grinding for that next hope of a better module. It is not as unforgiving as WoT. Knowing the stats of other ships will allow you to make the right decisions. Knowing how to pilot a ship can give you an edge. It's not because you sail a 90000HP BS that you will win from a 8000HP destroyer. Higher tiers doesn't automatically mean it's better. Some higher tier ships have a bad spotting range, can be spotted very easily their selves and the guns might have a mediocre range. A fast lower tier cruiser can stay out of gun range from a battleship and move faster, so he would never be shot at. Of course it's a team effort, that means reading the map and deciding what to do. A good player can make a difference in WoW. And if you are trying carriers, you will have to be satisfied with a top down RTS type of view.

Jester

Dec 21, 2005
Meh....match fights will get old quick. For me at least.  There has to be some storyline and grand strategy to hold my interest.  Plus...I hate arcade games.  Would love a good naval simulation.

Tow Air Marshal

Feb 27, 2006
I have been chatting to a guy at work who plays the beta and he says there are aiming b ots but its beta and thats fo testing. All those bots will be removed an clamped down before release...

Jester

Dec 21, 2005
Well...there is some entertainment to the game but to me it's just not my thing.  That said, i will still play it as it's free and it's a navy game.  I just got my first carrier kill today which was nice.  I just wish that there was more to it than just match fights.  Graphics are really good.

Tbar

ToW Club President
Dec 20, 2005
Its sure not a Naval Sim... but you do get some feeling your on the water.. WWII Erea.

Its a good game IMHO to keep as a "secondary", if you need a break from your main game.. sure why not. Great for a chance of pace... and give one an opportunity to appreciate their main game for 'story line' and changing content.

EZ to pick up on

EZ to learn the basics

No real down time unless you just play one ship.

Relaxing.

I play now and then.. gives me that feeling of Iron Wolves ... :)

Jester

Dec 21, 2005
Got everything to Tier 6 (Just got independence CV just now) with exception of Japanese DD, BB and CV.

Jester

Dec 21, 2005
New line of German cruisers are now out.  You get a free Tier 1 cruiser and slot.  Also...the Russians are coming!  You get a free Tier 1 cruiser and slot which unlocks the Russian destroyer line.

Captain Data

TOW Space Marshal
Sep 30, 2012
The Dresden, German Tier 2 Cruiser, is the St Louis his little brother. But oh boy, what a brother. It's even a worse spammer than the louis. 216 Hits, 60K damage with guns in a tier 2 game. You really have to try it out.