• Announcements

• Tbar

Team Speak   12/06/2017

Team Speak can be accessed by the following address:   ts.tidesofwar.net  no port number needed, no password needed. Clan, Club and Group leaders will love this new feature where you can access our TS server by simply typing "tow" in the address line! Anyone can do it. It makes giving out the address or IP number a thing of the past because its actually Team Speak itself that converts that "nic-name" to our ip address. So even if we move or change IP's Team Speak will take you to the right server Tides Server.
Sign in to follow this  
Reaves

Client Based Mp Suggestion

Been gone for awhile but am still very interested in any type of Engima Multyplayer.

For the smaller client based MP, I would recommend the option of a dedicated server with the ability to join when a game is in progress. It is a big downfall IMO when you cannot join games all ready in progress.

Yea, but the problem with this is if you come into a battle during the "decisive moment" in a battlecruiser (or maybe even a patrol boat (depending upon how decisive the moment is)), you ruin the whole thing.

I think this would work with time-developement games, - ie city building - because then, if you join late, you're weaker and have less influence. In games like ERT, even spawning twenty miles away could mean the enemy's plan is ruined and having merely come into existence caused their downfall.

Edited by Kaje

I seem to recall reading....but I can't recall where (sign of old age for sure) that you will in fact be able to be "dropped" into battle - however, you will be dropped in proximity to the battle (out of sight) and be required to steam across to it.

Yeah, I know, could be considered a calvary charge, but the theory behind it reduces the element of "where did THAT ship come from?"

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.