Book Shelf

War Books recommended by our users.
+ Reviews by Staff and Members
NOTE: This forum is MODERATED.You make make a post or point us to the source. Post not displayed until approved.
Sakai was the top Japanese ace to survive the war. The book starts as he enters high school and follows through to the end of WW2 and post war...
When i started to play Darkest Hour a lot i loaded up on WW2 amour books. This is my fav so far as it is written by the actual crew member in...
Hank Adlam began his naval flying career in 1941, his first operational posting was to the newly formed No. 890 Squadron. The squadron’s first...
“This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can.” With these words...
My sole reason for picking up this book was the blurb about the submarine's equipment. Cruising off Saigon was the Soufriere, originally a...
On Tuesday's I take an adult education class to help develop writting techniques. The class comprises both reading and writting and is designed...
Martin Middlebrook's account of three supply convoys leaving New York; SC122, HX229 and HX229A in March 1943, the shadowing and sinking of 22...
* In 1943, the German military changed their coding on their Enigma machine, and thereby, shut out the evesdropping at Bletchley Park; home to...
Another one of those submarine stories that was eventually turned into a movie, but it was a book beforehand. Author Edward BEACH wrote the...
"Hey Pioneer, here's a book you might be interested in, it's got some of US submarine activities involed in espionage." Was I interested...
The last two months without a PC saw my reading habits change. Whilst I normally try to stick with the WW2/cold war era naval stories, a friend...
Author : Robert L. Shaw ISBN: 0-85059-842-7 Rating: ***** Review By: Gosling Review: This is just about the most detailed and comprehensive...