What is a Battle Group ?
Here at Tides of War Battle Groups are: clans, guilds, squadrons, platoons, factions, groups, rings, organizations, coalitions, etc., that are formed for the purpose of on-line gaming with a common goals of battle and conflict. WAR! COMBAT! FIGHT! and/or otherwise do BATTLE!!
Battle Groups are also Clubs. Clubs are Tides way of supporting sub-communities within our site. Many Player-Groups have requested social group functionality in the past and Clubs, or as we call them "Battle Groups", are our implementation of this concept. Any registered player at Tides of War may start a Battle Group/Club for their gaming battle unit. Registered members of Tides of War may join as many Battle Groups as they wish, no limit.
Wanna know more?
Then keep reading!
Who - What - When - Where - Why
The WHO is YOU - Just sign up to Tides of War
The WHAT is a BATTLE GROUP - Sponsored by Tides of War
The WHEN is RIGHT NOW - You can sign up and give it a go.
The WHERE is again.. RIGHT HERE - At Tides of War
The WHY is YOUR VERY OWN BATTLE GROUP WEB SITE !
Recent Event Reviews
Battle Groups FAQs
- What format can a Battle Group(BG) take? - A BG can be any of:
- Public - Everyone can see the BG and its posts, and can participate without joining.
- Open - Everyone can see the BG and its posts, but only members can participate. Everyone can join.
- Closed - Everyone can see the BG and who's in it, but only members can see posts and participate. Users need to ask a leader to join.
- Private - Only members can find the BG and see its posts. Users need to be invited by a leader to join.
- What is the Battle Group(BG) membership structure? - There are three levels of membership for a BG.
- Owner - Ultimate control of the BG
- Leader - Moderator functionality
- Member - General BG membership
- Can Battle Groups(BG) have their own forums? - Yes. The Owner can set up forums as tabs within the BG. They can be named and security settings can be applied just like a general site forum, They are visible to BG members only if the BG is “Closed”
- Can the Battle Group( BG) have its own Calendar? - Yes. The Owner can set up calendars as tabs within the BG web page. They can be named and security settings can be applied just like a general site forum, They are visible to BG members only if the BG is “Closed”
- How many members can a Battle Group(BG) have? - Unlimited. All member have to do is register with Tidesofwar.net and apply or be invited into a BG. If its a closed BG then they will need Owner or Leader approval.
- Can a member belong to more than one Battle Group(BG)? - Yes. Any registered member of tidesofwar.net can join as many BGs as they like assuming the BG Owner or Leader allow them.