Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jester

Steel Division

6 posts in this topic

I got the deluxe edition.  Just going through the bootcamp tutorials.  So far I find it really neat.  

OK.. I checked out the site and company.. they seem to be doing great with a lot of loyal fans .. HOWEVER .. it appeared to me to be a 'single play' game? Are you sure its Multi-play ? If it is... it would be nice to have a group of our current TS users asked if they have seen this post and might be interested in trying it out. Right now.. I'm bogged down. I hope for an update on things next time we can chat on TS.

It has both single and multiplay.  This is not like the RTS of the past (gather resources, build bases, attack, etc.).   You have to select your units to field in battle and plan for which phase they are available to you.  So far, I have found that even the "Very Easy" AI can be challenging if you don't counter correctly.  Every unit has a purpose and some move wayyyy slower than others.  Plus, be sure to guard your supply truck so you are able to re-arm your units when their ammo runs out.  You also fight the terrain....so there is a lot of  "Line of sight (LOS)" challenges ... and opportunities.  The maps are historical reproductions and are pretty accurate.

It's really a lot to keep up with for one person.  Having a teammate join in and take the other flank would be of great value.

I sure hope others might check this post... they just might like to team up and try it :)

Something I learned a minute ago.  When you create battlegroups (your unit list for battle), each commander has a bonus to a specific unit type.  For instance, look at the 101st Airborne commander.  See that parachute icon to the left?  That means he has a bonus to  airborne units.  Essentially, choosing this commander will give you more slots for air units.  Similarly, if it is a tank icon, you would have more slots for tanks/armor than air units.  Seems a no brainer...but silly me just noticed that.

large.59287442a4283_SteelDivisionAir.jpg